WELCOME TO THE EMSA Medical ethics and human rights PILLAR!
The EMSA Medical Ethics and Human Rights pillar is welcoming passionate people who want to discuss and work on medical ethics and human rights issues in Europe.
- A Europe with a common understanding of Human Rights, where medicine is practiced compliant with the hightest ethical values.
- Empower medical students to defend and actively promote Human Rights within society, whilst raising awareness of ethical matters in health.
● Promote a full integration of ethics into the medical curricula
● Encourage discussion of ethical issues between medical students and healthcare professionals on the local and European level
● Advocate for the highest Human Rights standards and understanding in all European countries
● Raise awareness and promote protection of Human Rights throughout the continent
Focus Points of the Pillar
- European Week of Ethics
- Movies and Medicine
- Transplantation Awareness
- International Women’s Day
- Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Declaration of Berlin
- European Declaration of Health Professionals
- Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Migrant and Refugee Rights