WELCOME TO THE EMSA European ıntegratıon and culture famıly!
VISION & MISSION
European Integration and Culture pillar envisions a united Europe, with common values and solidarity, providing equal opportunities for healthcare students and professionals, whilst embracing cultural variety.
Our mission is to empower students to participate in European mobility and exchange programmes and to foster their intercultural understanding and compassion toward disadvantaged groups in society.
- Promote European values set by the Council of Europe (human rights, democracy and the rule of law)
- Prepare a generation of European doctors through mobility programmes and exchange projects;
- Facilitate intercultural understanding by organising social and cultural events;
- Enhance understanding and contact between medical students and disadvantaged groups in society;
- Encourage interprofessional collaboration in all aspects of health care;
- Collaborate with relevant partners in the implementation of objectives related to European Integration and Culture.
EUROPEAN INTEGRATION AND Culture team 2019/20
Public Relations Assistant
European Integration and Culture Director
The aim of the Twinning Project is to couple two Faculty Member Organizations as twins and exchange a group of students among each other. The students contact each other in order to arrange two exchange periods and the “twins” organize the actual program in their own country to take place during each exchange period.
- Twinning between two EMSA FMOs: This is the most common type of EMSA Twinnings. In these projects, both participating pairs are EMSA members.
- Intercontinental Twinning: The European & Asian Medical Students’ Exchange Program is our inter-continental platform that enables EMSA members to visit different countries in Asia and to get to know the fascinating Asian culture, excellent Universities, mesmerizing sights and people.
- Interprofessional Twinning: It is an exchange between a group of medical students and a group of pharmaceutical students from different countries. This is an amazing opportunity to transfer not only culture, but also knowledge and experiences from two different professional backgrounds. This way, the barrier between different professions can be broken and by looking further than your own specialization, you can learn something useful from the diversity of skills.Check the EPSA-EMSA Interprofessional TP Handbook 2018 for more information.
Official Twinning Project Certificate
Have you heard about the Official Twinning Project Certificates?
Twinning Project, EMSA’s favourite project, is not only exchange between medical students from different countries, an experience full of cultural differences/similarities, friendly vibes and lifetime relationships, but also a possibility to take a glimpse at a whole new, different healthcare system. The TP certificates will be given if the Twinning Project consists of a well-prepared educational program.
What do you need to do in order to receive your certificate?
The European Medical Mobility
The European Medical Mobility Website (EMM) is a joint project of the European Junior Doctors (EJD) and the European Medical Students’ Association (EMSA). Its main goal is to facilitate training in the medical field within the EU/EEA through an online database with a regular update system. The website does not only gather official information regarding Junior Doctors’ training and working conditions but also encourages to share personal and useful viewpoints.
The target group of the European Medical Mobility website is junior doctors and medical students who are aiming to do their medical training in another European country. The European Medical Mobility Project aims to facilitate their movement by providing information on how to access medical training in different countries, as well as basic information on training and working conditions in different European countries.
European Integratıon and culture
Pillar Session topics:
- Medicine Without Borders
- Taking Over the Continents!
- Cultural Shock and Ethics Within Mobility
Pillar Sessions topics:
- eHealth: How Do We Share?
- Migration and Challenges
- EIC Beyond Twinning Project
How to get involved
Through the term, European Integration and Culture Pillar will release calls giving the opportunity to get involved in our activities.
Inspired by EMSA’s European Integration and Culture Pillar? Interested in what possibilities EMSA has to offer? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get to know how you can contribute!
Click here to get more information about the news from EMSA European Integration and Culture Facebook Page.