Dear EMSA Members,
We are very happy to share with you a unique opportunity, the call for the EMSA intern at the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
EMSA Intern at UEMS
This is a unique opportunity for all EMSA members to gain professional experience working at an international medical organization in the heart of the European Union. The intern is an appointed member of EMSA working in the UEMS Office, offering their services to both EMSA and UEMS. The intern will work for UEMS on professional matters in most of the time, but will also represent European medical students towards the European Institutions, attend meetings and advocate on behalf of EMSAi in Brussels.
UEMS – European Union of Medical Specialists
UEMS is one of the European Medical Organisations and is among the most important external partners of EMSA. UEMS is the oldest medical organization in Europe and is the representative organisation of the National Associations of Medical Specialists in the European Union and its associated countries. UEMS represents over 1.6 million medical specialists in all the different specialties. It also has strong links and relations with European Institutions (Commission and Parliament), the other independent European Medical Organisations and the European Medical/Scientific Societies.You can find more information about the organization here.
Call for EMSA Intern at UEMS for the term Spring term 2020
- The autumn term will last from early 2nd of March 2020 until 31st of August 2020.
- This is a full-time position (38 hours/week), located in central Brussels
- This is a paid position and your salary will be approximately 950 € per month
What Else You Need To Know About This Position
- You can find a detailed job description of the position here. Read this carefully before you apply.
- This is a position in the UEMS Secretariat so you will be an employee of UEMS.
- Accommodation in Brussels is not provided by EMSA or UEMS.
- From the moment of your appointment until the start of your internship you are expected to be available for the handover period.
- You should be eligible to work in Belgium at the time of the application deadline.
- Interns based in Brussels are among the most important person in EMSA’s external representation and as such, the Intern is part of the Department of External Affairs and is expected to take part in the work of the department and attend the EMSA General Assemblies.
What You Need To Send To Apply (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae, stating your experience in EMSA
- Cover Letter (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of EMSA Membership signed by the LC of your FMO
You can use the candidature template attached here.
You must send all relevant documents to email@example.com until 21st of January 2020, 23:59 Brussels Time!
For every question you may have, you can approach the current CPME Intern, Paulius Povilonis at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Looking forward to your applications!