On behalf of the Editorial Team, I would like to announce that EuroMeds Winter Issue Contributors Call has been extended. New deadline is 20.12.2018, 23.59 CET.
(Please send your articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
EuroMeds Winter Issue submissions are still on the air! Don’t miss the chance of being a contributor!
The Winter Issue will be featuring two exciting themes :
- Personal & Regenerative Medicine
- Hidden Curriculum.
In our upcoming issue, we would like to look at two rapidly developing fields, personalized and regenerative medicine. Personalized medicine is a new model in therapeutics that opposes ‘one size fits all’ approach. It aims to provide the patients with the most effective treatment by taking the patients characteristics (such as the patients’ genes) into consideration Because traditional approach also wants to give the highest safety margin, most effective therapy. The distinctive property of personalized medicine is kinda the fact that they check your enzyme genes.
Regenerative medicine is, on the other hand, a branch that deals with various methods to regrow, repair or replace damaged or diseased cells, organs, or tissues. Both of these are novel areas have influenced and will continue to influence the way we practice medicine over time.
These are the possible subtopics for Personal & Regenerative Medicine:
- History progress and challenges of regenerative medicine
- Ethical issues of Personalised and Regenerative medicine
- 3D printing technologies and artificial organs
- Stem cells: how far is the solution?
- Digital twins
- Revealing of whole genome in personalised medicine: medical & ethical aspects
- Future directions of both topics: What could we achieve in the future?
- The story behind telomeres and regenerative medicine.
Hidden Curriculum (HC) refers to medical education as more than simple transmission of knowledge and skills; it is also a socialization process. Wittingly or unwittingly, norms and values transmitted to future physicians often undermine the formal messages of the declared curriculum.
- These are the possible subtopics for Hidden Curriculum:
- A review of the literature about HC in Europe
- An article about a study conducted in your medical school about HC
- The negative effect of “work-life” balance
- Are role models important in making good doctors?
- Decline of idealism throughout the years in medical school
- Development of the professional identity
- Negative attitudes of teachers on students and apathy from teachers
To submit your article and supporting resources (author photo and an optional picture for our team to use in your page) please fill this form.
You want to be a contributor but don’t know how? Here is EuroMeds 101, guide to writing your own EuroMeds article!
Deadline for the submissions are 20.12.2018 23.59 CET. Please do not hesitate to contact the Editorial Team for anything that comes up to your mind. I am really excited to see you as a part of our Winter Issue!
On behalf of the EuroMeds Editorial Team,
Ihsan Selcuk Yurttas (Chief Editor)