Dear EMSA and IFMSA Members,
It is with great pleasure that we share with all of you the call for AMEE Student Task Force Coordinators 2019.
What is AMEE?
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference.
This year, the AMEE Conference will take place from 24th to 28th of August in Vienna, Austria with the following themes:
- The patient as educator
- Activity Theory and the facilitation of learning
- Threshold concepts
- The continuum of education
AMEE offers international medical students the chance to attend the Conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses. In exchange for that, the selected students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference. These students are part οf the Student Task Force (STF) and they are coordinated by a group of 5 people – 1 Local Coordinator, 2 International Coordinators from EMSA and IFMSA and their 2 Co-Coordinators to assist with the international Student Taskforce tasks.
This is your chance to be one of these people!
Description of the position
As Coordinator you will be working with the EMSA Student Representative to AMEE (AMEE Rep), the IFMSA Liaison Officer for Medical Education issues (LME) and the Local Coordinator. All together, you will be responsible for the management of the AMEE Conference 2019 Student Task Force (STF).
Your tasks as a Coordinator will be to:
- Support the AMEE Representatives in their tasks related to the AMEE STF
- Read and evaluate the applications for the STF (>1000 applications)
- Be responsible for various administrative tasks, e.g. sending invitation letters, answering emails
- Prepare promotional materials for the AMEE STF (such as booklets and guides) to be published in the AMEE Students Likepage
- Assist with the coordination of logistical tasks during the Conference
- Attend the Online Meetings of the AMEE STF Coordinators Group (±1 per month)
As a coordinator you are offered:
- Α guaranteed spot on the AMEE STF for AMEE Conference 2019
- A chance to work in a diverse and experienced team and develop your organizational and leadership skills
- An opportunity to learn more about Medical Education
Qualifications for the Coordinators
In order to be selected as the assistant, you need to have:
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in leading a team and conference organizing
- Design skills
- Availability during the whole term (January 2019 – October 2019) and mostly during the AMEE Conference 2019 STF Working Days (August 22-29)
Having attended the AMEE Conference in the past (preferably as a STF member) will be highly appreciated. Please note that when you apply for the EMSA spot you must upload your EMSA Certificate.
How to apply
You can apply for the position by filling this form. The deadline is on the 10th of December, 23:59 GMT. There is one common form for both IFMSA and EMSA members but you will have the chance to choose for which organisation you are applying.
Timeline of applications
30th of November – Applications open
10th of December – Deadline for applications
12th of December – Results are announced
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com .
We can’t wait to read your applications!