WELCOME TO THE EMSA mEDICAL SCIENCE PILLAR!
Medical Science Pillar encompasses many key research principles and practical skills which are essential for every future physician. It aims to provide a platform where all the students interested in science can communicate with each other, learn from good examples, experiment in various workshops and get inspired by best European scientists. We believe this pillar will help students to put a strong base for their professional scientific career.
- Provide a strong base for students for their professional scientific career by offering various workshops and scientific projects;
- Raise appreciation of medical science in society through promotional activities;
- Promote communication and exchange of best practices amongst European medical professionals as well as students;
- Empower medical students to read and publish scientific articles, by enhancing their theoretical and practical skills through education and training;
- Collaborate with relevant partners in the implementation of objectives related to Medical Science
MEDICAL SCIENCE TEAM 2018/19
Medical Science Director
Medical Science represents an unlimited world of possibilities. Every day we come across millions of ideas that might shape the future of the way we think. But science is never really concluded until the work is spread.
Each assembly EMSA, through the Poster Presentations Session, aims to give our members the opportunity to raise their voices and share their work along with some of the most intriguing thoughts.
Spring Assembly ’17
1. The good, the bad, and the ugly: an fmri investigation of the functional anatomic correlates of stigma
2. Combating HIV stigma in health care settings: what works?
3. The influence of sex and gender on immunity, infection and vaccination
Autumn Assembly ’17
1. AMR updates: How much do we really know about it?
2. Clash of Bacteria: Who can solve the most intriguing cases?
Spring Assembly ’18
1. Antimicrobial resistance a slowly emerging disaster
2. Famine and food crisis
3.Online awareness campaigns session
Autumn Assembly ’18
1. eHealth and Disruptive Technologies
2. Vaccination among medical students and healthcare professionals
3.Alcohol: policy and advocacy
Spring Assembly ’19
1. The Big Bang Theory’ or ‘what Sheldon Cooper did last summer’ – bringing a Project from scratch to journal
2. AMR: Escaping the 2019 Titanic
3. The Creativity of Migration