WELCOME TO THE EMSA PUBLIC HEALTH PILLAR!
The EMSA Public health Pillar is gathering passionate people who want to work on public health issues in Europe.
A Europe of universal well-being, where all policies and practices promote health and where all have equal access to a high quality health system.
Empower medical students to be key pioneers in the popularization of healthy lifestyle, preventive medicine and health education.
Focus Points of the Pillar
Mental health has been introduced as a focus point already by former PHDs, Leon Rensen and Jan Skrzypczak. Two Pillar Sessions were delivered during the Spring Assembly’17 and a policy paper was written on the matter. We will continue to focus on this crucial and complex topic, especially on the mental health of medical students and professionals.
By living in an era where anti vaccines movements are larger than ever, we believe it is the time we actively promote and educate the wide public about the importance of vaccines. This year, EMSA Public Health Pillar added the world immunization week into EMSA awareness days calendar, plans to deliver informative Pillar Sessions during the Spring Assembly’18 and write a policy statement regarding vaccination.
● Empower students to take active part in health education of the society to encourage informed lifestyle choices;
● Promote a healthy and active lifestyle;
● Raise awareness in society regarding health threads and mental health issues;
● Play an active role in European advocacy regarding lifestyle policies;
● Collaborate with relevant partners in the implementation of objectives related to Public Health.
2017/2018 EMSA Public Health Team
Public Health Director
RIETTE VAN SPANJE