WELCOME TO THE EMSA medical education PILLAR!
The EMSA Medical education Pillar is gathering passionate people who want to work on medical education issues in Europe.
A Europe of the highest standards in healthcare education and a continuous integration of medical curricula across the continent alongside with a prosperous exchange of best practices in interprofessional education.
FOCUS POINTS OF THE PILLAR
- Bringing together medical students from all across geographical Europe to share their ideas, experiences and to collaborate in the further development of medical education.
- Empower medical students to take an active role into the shaping of an education process, that responds to advances in medicine, new learning technologies and the ever evolving philosophy of education.
- Disseminating the basic knowledge about medical education, educate and train a new generation of medical students who understand the principles of a good educational practice and have a new attitude towards their own education.
- Advocate and influence for good the learning and professional development of today’s students and trainees who will become the health care professionals of tomorrow.
- Interprofessional Education or how teachers, learners, practitioners from different healthcare professions learn from, with and about euach other to improve collaboration and quality of care.
- Medical Education Research or how to conduct and evaluate original enquiry in order to advance the understanding and practice of medical education
- Harmonization of Medical Education in Europe, Europe is unity within diversity, but unfortunately its medical education is diversity, with current rate of Medical mobility we do need a European Core Curriculum to answer demands of our continent.
- Connect students and professionals passionate about teaching, learning and gaining new skills.
- Expand the educational scope by offering extra-curricular activities.
- Advocate for a continuous evidence-based development of medical education on a local and international level.
- Promote the exchange of information related to education through networking, conferences, publications and online activities.
- Empower medical students to be peer-educators.
- Collaborate with relevant partners in the implementation of objectives related to Medical Education.
MEET THE TEAM
Assistant on External Affairs
Medical Education Director
Assistant on Internal Affairs
The EMSA Summer Schools offer medical students from all over geographical Europe to study a specific field of medicine during the summer in an international group. Teaching language is English, and the topics are a broad variety, covering the whole spectrum of medical science, always taking into consideration the ethical approach as well.Teddy Bear Hospital
Teddy Bear Hospital
We’ve all been children. In our little innocent worlds we had fears. Some of us were afraid of the “white coated people”. In Teddy Bear Hospital Project our goal is to help children overcome their white coat anxiety. This is a community¬based project run by medical students and has benefited thousands of primary school children, in the past few years The highlights is a consultation between special Teddy Bear Doctors (clinical medical students) and the child, where “sick”teddy can be treated. The ultimate aim is to help young children overcome their “White Coat Anxiety” in going and talking to the doctor. Since some years, by the valuable cooperation of European Pharmaceutical Students’ Association (EPSA), Teddy Bear Hospital is in great importance bringing medical and pharmaceuticals students together.
Join our Facebook group!
Send your questions, suggestions or wishes to email@example.com
Send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and subscribe to our Medical Education Mailing List.