Our pillar is the right place to be for students all around Europe to whom our continent is like a small, lovely village where everything and everyone is within reach.
Our pillar aims to bring together students from all around the continent to work together on issues that we face, to share our cultures, our homes, our different ways of doing things and to promote a united, stronger, healthier Europe.
As medical students, we often find it hard to plan events and programs since we are not very familiar with such practices. It is our aim to provide the necessary tools to students to enable them to be capable of organizing projects of exchange of a high quality, to teach them to plan ahead, to identify possible issues and problems and seek solutions for them.
We want to bring the multi dimensional cultures of the countries of Europe and beyond together, to introduce students to them and make them familiar with each other differences, by being able to embrace them and celebrate them instead of being separated by them.
Facing an ever-changing Europe:
As it walks through the 21st century, Europe is facing many rising challenges. With the economic crisis, climate change, its demographic change and migration flow, there are many issues that concern us all, and our point of view and input as students plays an important role in dealing with such topics.
Our pillar aims to serve as a platform that addresses the needs of medical students in an ever-changing Europe. Through our blog posts, projects and policies, we will work together to advocate for a healthy European environment of equal opportunities for all.
Each year many students all around Europe get the chance to host and visit their chosen EMSA partner by being part of our Twinning Projects. EMSA offers its members the opportunity to spend some quality time exploring the educational and health care system of other countries while also enjoying their people and wonderful sights.
Involvement is easy. All you need is an EMSA partner that shares your willingness to put together an educational program of your interest for several days and experience each other’s cities, cultures and homes.
Past achievements of the pillar
- Policy papers on Cross-Border Healthcare, Mobility and Erasmus program
- Intercontinental Twinning that started in 2013/2014 with Malaysia, 2014/2015 with Egypt, 2015/2016 with Taiwan
- Interprofessional Twinning first held in 2013/2014
- Medical Mobility Project collaboration with EJD
- Interprofessional Collaboration and Education Joint European Project with the Medical Education Pillar in 2015/2016
- Enlarging the pillar’s objectives by incorporating Culture projects, thus changing it from European Integration to European Integration and Culture in 2014/2015
- Cross-Border Healthcare
- Statement on the collaboration with the European Union
- FMO Twinning
- Interprofessional Twinning
- Intercontinental Twinning
- Best Buddy
- Different Day
EPSA (European Pharmacists’ Students Association)
SCMSA (Suez Canal Medical Students’ Association)
AMSA (Asian Medical Students’ Association)
EJD (European Junior Doctors)