WELCOME TO THE EUROPEAN HEALTH POLICY PILLAR!
The EMSA European Health Policy Pillar is gathering passionate people interested in European policy to improve health within Europe.
European Health Policy Pillar defines a vision for improving healthcare systems, creating a better world in terms of people’s health.
● Raise awareness among medical students on European health policy processes.
● Motivate students to engage in health policy discussions and to become part of the opinion synopsis.
● Provide a platform for students to exchange and discuss initiatives on the EU health framework and agenda, on patient-centered health care and on working conditions of health care professionals.
● Enable medical students to integrate their opinions in the health policy processes through training, education and capacity building.
● Voice the consensus opinion of our members and coordinate actions to shape health policy on a Europan level
● Continuously evaluate and refine the construction and implementation of this pillar, its vision, mission and objectives.
EUROPEAN HEALTH POLICY TEAM 2017/18
(Assistant on Internal Affairs)
(Assistant on External Affairs)
MIGRATION OF DOCTORS
WHAT IS HEALTH POLICY?
According to World Health Organization; “Health Policy refers to decisions, plans and actions to be undertaken to achieve the specific health care goals within a society. An explicit health policy can achieve several things: It defines a vision for the future which in turn helps to establish targets and points of reference for the short and medium term. It outlines the priorities and the expected roles of different groups; and it builds consensus and informs people.”
For all EMSA Europe policy statements, please refer to the Policy Statements page under About Us section.
Through the term, European Health Policy Pillar will release calls giving the opportunity to get involved in our activities via European Support Divisions!
Inspired by EMSA’s European Health Policy pillar? Interested in what possibilities EMSA has to offer? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get to know how you can contribute!
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EMSAhealthpolicy/
Past EHP Directors
2016-2017 : Juliette Mattijsen, The Netherlands
2016-2017 : Lauritz Blome, Germany
2015-2016 : Stefan Hardt, Germany (as PMO)
2014-2015 : Pascal Nohl-Deryk, Germany (as PMO)
2013-2014 : Jehona Krasniqi, Kosovo (as PMO)
2012-2013 : Jacob Hildebrand, Germany (as PMO)